We have provided this Privacy Statement as an explanation of the information we collect, how we use it, and how the use of this information can benefit your experience on our web sites and during your relationship with us. We wish to help you make informed decisions, so please take a moment to read the sections below.
• A 1 Collecting personal information, purposes of collection, use of private information and retention period.
• A 2 Private information retention/usage period and destruction
• A 3 Consignment or provision of collected private information
• A 4 Links to other web sites
• A 5 Private information manager and private information department
• A 6 Technical/institutional management of private information
• A 7 Protection of private information of users under the age of 14
• A 8. Transmission of advertisement information
• A 9 Notification duty
A 1. Collecting personal information, purposes of collection, use of private information and retention period.
1. The Operator collects necessary minimum-level private information for the following items in order to provide effective services:
-Service: Purchase of license
• Personal Information:
◦ Mandatory: Name and E-mail address
◦ Optional: Company`s name, nationality and phone numbers
Verification of a purchaser and Granting a license.
• Possession and usage period: Until the end of a license period or a designated period compelled by related laws.
• Personal Information:
Optional: Name, E-mail address, company`s name, nationality and phone numbers
• Purpose(s): guideline offer, introduction and recommendation of new products, promotion of the products and getting feedback for development of the products.
• Possession and usage period: Until requesting of member to withdraw or the designated period compelled by related laws.
2. Sensitive private information (including race and ethnicity, ideology and faith, hometown and place of birth, political disposition, criminal records, health information and sex life) which could infringe on the basic rights of guests is not collected.
A 2. Private information retention/usage period, modification and destruction
1. The Operator immediately destroys all private information upon the expiration of period for retention of personal information designated in A1.
2. Provided, however, the following information will be retained by the Operator for the necessary period for various purposes, including confirming the management duty of transactions, pursuant to related regulations and internal policy:
• Records of contracts or cancellation of contracts: Up to five years
• Records of payments and provision of services: Up to five years
• Records of customer dissatisfaction or disputes settlement: Up to three years
• Records of collecting and dealing of personal credit information: Up to three years
• Records of website visitation, user’s access place track, confirmation of existing communication: Up to three months or twelve months
• Documents of accounting statement or equivalent one: Up to Five years
Customer has a right to require appropriate actions to see its personal information and may require to delete or modify it by contacting Private Information Department which contact number is shown as below.
4. Destruction method:
• Private information printed on paper: Pulverized or incinerated
• Private information stored in electronic files: Technically deleted in an unrecoverable manner
A 3. Consignment or provision of collected private information
1. The Operator consigns the task of handling the following private information to an outside service provider for the provision of its services as follow:
A 4. Links to Other Web Sites
In order to anticipate your needs, the Operator may provides links to other web sites for your convenience and the Operator is not responsible or liable for any content presented by or contained on any independent web site, including, but not limited to, any advertising claims or marketing practices. Please note that while the Operator will protect your information on the Operator owned and operated web sites, we cannot control and will not be responsible for the privacy policies of third-party web sites not controlled and authorized by the Operator. Third party web sites that are accessed through links on our web sites have separate privacy and data collection practices, and security measures. We have no responsibility or liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented by third parties on their web sites. We encourage you to contact them to ask questions about their privacy practices, policies and security measures before disclosing any personally identifiable information. We recommend that you review the privacy statements and policies of linked web sites to understand how those web sites collect, use and store information.
A 5. Private Information Manager
The Operator designates the following Private Information Manager in order to protect the private information of Members and resolve any dissatisfaction regarding personal information.
• Private Information Manager: Jae Sup Park
• Telephone No.: 82-2-2103-8992
• E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A 6. Technical/institutional management of private information
1. The Operator seeks the following technical measures to prevent loss, theft, leakage, alteration or damage and ensure safety of private information of Members:
• All private user information is protected by a password, and important data are protected by an additional security function which encrypts or locks files of transmitted data.
• The Operator adopts the Secure Socket Layer which ensures safe transmission of private information on the network using encryption algorithms.
• The Operator uses technical devices to block unpermitted access and prevent the leakage of private user information through hacking, and monitors outside intrusion 24 hours-a-day with the installation of an Intrusion Detection System on each server.
2. The Operator limits the number of staff authorized to handle private information, conducts training to emphasize the adherence of its principle, and immediately corrects any problems that may arise in this regard.
• The Operator is not liable for accidents caused by the users or situations resulting from the inherent dangers of the Internet.
• In the case of the loss, leakage, alteration, or damage of private information as a result of mishandling by an internal manager or technical management problems, the Operator will immediately notify the user, take appropriate measures and provide compensation.
A 7. Protection of private information of users under the age of 14
The Operator, in principle, does not collect private information of users under the age of 14. Provided, however, if the collection of such information is deemed necessary, The Operator will adhere to the related laws and notices.
A 8. Transmission of advertisement information
The Operator will take the following measures in the subject title and content section of e-mails containing on-line marketing advertisement information, including product information, to assist the users’ recognition of such e-mails:
• E-mail subject title: All subject titles shall begin with “(News Letter)” in Korean or English as appropriate, followed by a brief description of the content of the e-mail.
• E-mail content section: All e-mails shall clearly contain the name, e-mail address, telephone number and address of the sender so as to enable the user to refuse further e-mail transmissions. Users will be informed in Korean or English on how to reject such future e-mails.
A 9. Notification duty
1. Any addition, removal or modification of the Privacy Statement in accordance to the policies of the Korean government or the Operator will be notified through The Operator`s web prior to such addition, removal or modification.
2. The Privacy Statement will come into effect on July 01, 2020 and will substitute the previous Private Information Protection Policy.